Friday, December 31, 2010

Out With the Old, and In With the New

I woke up early this morning and went for a hike, I watched the sun rise for the last time this year.  It was beautiful and breathtaking, and I was able to reflect over the past year.
2010 was probably the best year I've had in the most steady way.  I've had extremely high points in others - such as Thailand in 2007, Rwanda in 2008, and graduating high school in 2009.  There is no specific moment that stands out in my mind that makes 2010 better than any other, but the entire year itself outshines the rest for I've been happy and at my best the majority of the time.  Sure it's had it's downs,  I lost a few friends and broke my heart, but with that comes a lot of discovery.
In 2010 I re-set goals for myself, even more ambitious than before. I learned how to open up to someone and let them love me, I also learned how to love completely. I may have lost a few friends, but I also gained some of the most amazing people ever, growing up is all about learning who your true friends are.  I've learned how to better stand up for myself, how to not let the little things get to me.  I started a new decade of my life - I turned 20 and said goodbye to the teen years!  I've learned a lot of life lessons, and each of those have made me stronger.  I loved, and I lost, but I learned that that's better than never having loved at all.
2010 isn't exactly ending the way I had hoped or even imagined, but I know that it's also the start of a brand new year and I am in control of what is to come :) My New Years resolution last year was

'Here's to a new year...new friends, new places, new journeys, new adventures, probably some new mistakes, new lessons, new goals, new dreams; most importantly, a fresh new start with lots of upgrades' and 2010 was all of that, so maybe I'll just say the same to 2011! 

Goodbye 2010, you treated me well :) Bring it on 2011 - I'm ready for you<3

No comments:

Post a Comment