Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

I'm cuddled up on the couch with the family and our two dogs (who qualify as family to me), watching It's a Wonderful Life.  All the Christmas lights are on, the smell of pie baking in the oven has filled the air, the fire is blazing, and the presents are all under the tree.  This is the ultimate break for me! At this moment, there's really not a whole lot more I could ask for, it reminds me just how truly blessed my life is.
For the past couple of years I didn't like christmas, I just couldn't seem to find the spirit.  My sophomore year of high school my sister referred to me as the grinch; that kind of broke my heart, I really didn't want to be the grinch and ruin Christmas for those around me.  I tried figuring why I had lost the spirit...I thought maybe because I didn't like how crazy everything got around the holidays, or how people used it as an excuse to be overly cheerful - I mean why can't you just be nice all year long?? Or maybe it was because I had lost the trust in my parents ability to pick out my presents so I always knew exactly what I was getting because I picked it out and had ruined the surprise of it.
I'm not sure if it's because I'm older and more mature now, maybe I've found that magic again and remembered what Christmas is all about.  It's about spending time with family and loved ones, giving, sharing the holiday spirit and lighting up someone else's life.
*Christmas isn't so much about opening presents, it's about opening our hearts<3
May you all find love and joy this holiday season.  Remember what Christmas is really about - share the magic...even if it's just in your own little way.
You all have a wonderful life :)
-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment