Saturday, December 31, 2011

What's In Store, 2012?

           It's the last day of 2011...I think about how my year started; it was rough.  Probably one of the lowest points in my life.  I lost my boyfriend, two best friends, and two other friends.  I was living alone.  I was sick, and spent many months in and out of doctors offices.  But I'd go through it again (although hopefully I won't have to) to get to where I am today.  Which just goes to show that eventually, things will work out.
           Sure, not everything is exactly perfect right now...minus one little thing anyway...but I'm happier than I've been in a long time and I've got big things ahead of me!  In 2011 I lost a lot, but I also gained more than I could have imagined - I was selected Philanthropy Chair of my sorority, I was elected as an ASUO senator, this past summer I helped lead a group of high school students from Portland, OR to San Francisco, CA through STLF, I attended my family reunion up in beautiful BC at my grandmas house, I was a camp counselor for OASC, and I had the opportunity to visit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital for their Collegiate Leadership Seminar.  I learned how to better stand up for myself, tell people what I want and fight for it, I learned who my true friends are and I learned how amazingly I actually deserve to be treated.
           Each year I continue to set more and more ambitious goals for myself.  Each year I make mistakes and learn life lessons.  And I like to think that each year I become a stronger and better person.  2011 didn't start the way I had hoped, but it's ending better than I thought it could, and I just know that 2012 is going to be a good, make that great, year!  

Here's to a new year...with great friends, new journeys, crazy adventures, already some new mistakes, important lessons, big goals and big dreams, and most importantly, strong love! 

Goodbye 2011 :) Bring it on 2012 - I'm ready and anxiously awaiting you<3


No comments:

Post a Comment