Friday, March 18, 2011

One Step Closer to My Dreams and Making a Difference

Today I received my acceptance letter into the Family and Human Services Program at the University of Oregon! I am so so excited that I now officially have a major - and a major that I love! It’s the indescribable time in life when you realize your future is truly beginning to fall into place.  In two years I will be graduating and applying to grad schools to go on to earn my Masters in Education.  My dream is to work in struggling and unfortunate schools with the goal to make a difference in a child’s life and help them create a future of their own.  In celebration of being accepted I’m watching the new documentary, Waiting for Superman, it’s a real eye-opener of the problems and troubles of the public school systems; but it’s also very inspiring to think that within a few years I will be able to help fix these problems and get education back on track, and to ultimately inspire and empower the youth of tomorrow.
Here’s to my future —> big dreams and big change✰

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous blog! keep up the good work!
    would love your support for mine!
    xoxo
    www.misskatatny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should think about doing Teach for America. It's for recent college graduates. Once selected, you are placed at a school somewhere in the United States, usually an inner city school or a school at poverty level and you help the students recieve an education that they may not otherwise have. You get payed and recieve the benefits of being a full time teacher, plus they help with student loans. You work for 2 years and while you do Teach for America, you're working towards a master's. My brother is applying soon and this sounds right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.teachforamerica.org/
    You can get more info there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I can't believe I missed your comment! Yes, Teach for America has been something I've been extremely interested in for about the past two years now! haha I'll be applying next fall! Thanks for your support :)

    ReplyDelete